Mattress Care Tips
Now that you found the perfect match for your sleep, taking care of your new mattress is very important. Proper mattress care is essential in order to keep the warranty valid throughout the life of the mattress.
Here are some basic mattress maintenance tips:
- Match it up: Make sure your new mattress has is matching foundation. Not having the matching foundation can directly affect the overall sleeping experience. Additionally, having improper foundation voids many mattress warranties.
- Follow guidelines: If given any special installation guidelines as of how to install your mattress, make sure you follow them.
- Use it properly: Proper use of the mattress is crucial, this being said, jumping on the bed is totally out of the question, as well as putting heavy items on top of it such as other furniture pieces.
- Do not use dry cleaning products: Dry cleaning products can harm the fabric and other materials. First of all, a good mattress cover is recommended in order to protect the surface materials from spills, fluids, body oils etc. Instead, vacuum it. It is also not recommended to use strong stain removers. The best way to remove stains is by using mild soap and water.
- Absolutely no boards: The benefits of using a board in between the mattress and the foundation quickly fade off. If you think you need more support consider purchasing a firmer mattress.
- Keep the Tag: It is important to keep the tag as most manufacturers require the tag to keep the warranty valid. A manufacture may sell the exact same mattress to many different retailers who then sell the mattresses under their own brand names. The manufacturers tag is the only way to trace where the item came from and who is responsible in the event of manufacturer defects. Here is relevant information about the law tag. You will also find useful care information on your tag.